Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Billy Joel Love Affair

So I'm utter in love with Billy Joel. Yes I know he's old, really old.. well in comparison to my 30 years -- he's double my age, but still... the man has a deep soul and has to be sensitive have you heard his music? The really good stuff, not "Piano Man." Don't get me wrong, Piano Man is a catchy song and clearly made his career, but seriously, it's the same four or five chords over and over again. No, his better songs are scattered throughout -- Vienna, Until the Night, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, Innocent Man, She's always a woman, Stellito, She's Got a Way.. those are the good ones.. or a few of them anyway. :)

I fell in love over his songs many many times.. :)

2 comments:

  1. Piano Man is not about the music, but rather, the lyrics; the failings of mortal man trying to survive in a cruel world filled with injustice, loss, jealousy and pain.

    Oh. Maybe it's just the same chords...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piano Man IS a good song and the lyrics have some depth, but he has others that are much better. Though Piano Man is what turned me on to Billy Joel music, so it will always be one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete