Friday, June 26, 2009

PMS and Fake People

So, I realized that I'm hugely PMSing today when on the way to work my bra strap slid down my arm and I almost came unglued -- cursing my bra, cursing my life, cursing the street signs, cursing the stop light... yea it was a rough morning.

Then one of the grads made a comment that, again, almost set me off for no reason. She made a comment about how much she hated this person because she was "fake."

I hear that a lot "I hate her, she's so fake." You can't hate someone because they are fake, you can hate them because they are a bitch, but you can't hate someone just because they are fake. EVERYBODY is fake. It's a part of freaking life. EVERYONE has someone they have to deal with that they don't like, but have to be nice to anyway. That's being "fake."

When someone says they hate someone for being fake, what they really should say is, "I hate her for being a backstabbing bitch." That's legitimate, but hating people because they are fake is hypocritical because I guarantee that there are moments, days, hell even entire years, when you are fake to other people. Grow up, fake people are a fact of life and hating others takes waaaaayy to much of your energy. Instead of hating people, just choose not to deal with them. When you are forced to, be polite (or fake as you would call it) keep it impersonal, and then when it's over LET IT GO. When you hate people you are giving them way too much control over your emotions. That's what hate is.. letting someone else control your emotions. I don't really hate people, either I like you or I don't deal with you unless I have to. That's just the way it is. It's called BOUNDARIES people.. develop some.

Though I may be emotionally deficient because I get over things really quickly. I have a HOT temper, but it burns out quickly. I'm not going to lie, it's a blessing. As long as I get a chance to express my anger (either to the person or to someone who sympathizes and is going through the same thing) then I tend to get over things fairly quickly. Now if I don't' get that chance to vent/express my anger then it stews.. but that doesn't' happen often. Don't get me wrong, I do get frustrated, but I have the attention span of a gnat (which is why I will never live my dream of being a novelist.. I don't have the attention span) so I forget things quickly. I like it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment