Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake -- Mmmmmm

So I love to cook and like to take what I have and see what I can come up with.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake

1 Rotisserie chicken, de-boned -- I use mostly the white meat, but I like dark meat too
1 box of Spiral pasta, cooked al dente
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I use the low sodium)
2 cups of diced ham (I buy it that way)
1 can of mushroom pieces and stems, drained
1 cup of milk (I say one cup, but really just enough to make it a sauce-like texture -- not too runny, but somewhat pourable)
1 8oz package of shredded swiss cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup bread crumbs (just enough to soak up the butter for a topping)
1/2 cup grated parmesan

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix soup, ham, mushrooms, milk, and 2/3 of the swiss together in a large bowl. Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread pasta and chicken in pan and cover with soup mixture (you should be able to see the mixture coating the pasta and chicken on the bottom of the pan, if not it's not runny enough -- add a bit more milk and mix it all together). Cover that with the remaining 1/3 of the swiss.

In a small bowl combine the melted butter, bread crumbs, and parmesan until moist (it should be moist but not runny -- if runny add more bread crumbs until it's crumbly not dry). Spread over the top of the swiss cheese.

Cover with foil and bake for 45 min or until bubbly (I'd check it at 30 min). Uncover and notch up the heat to 450 degrees and bake another 15 - 20 minutes or until the topping begins to turn a golden brown.

Serve hot. Makes a 9x13 in pan of it ( I have no freaking idea how many servings that is -- I usually eat on it for a week as my philosophy is cook once eat for a week).

No comments:

Post a Comment