Monday, June 8, 2009

Ambition

I need some ambition, does anyone have any to spare that I can borrow?

I sat here all day thinking of the things I need to get done, but what did I do? Read a book, took a nap, played with the dog, went for a walk, read a book, went to the store, read a book... and so on... I think I need to move my desk out of my living room and put it in my kitchen so that I can sit down and actually work on stuff. In my living room it becomes a catch all for my purse, keys, etc...

I'm teaching a class in the fall and haven't even begun to read my text books and figure out the syllaubs. Not a huge deal since its only june, but I really have to have it finished before August 1 because that's when my schedule gets crazy busy.

I also haven't looked at training in about a month.. which is wrong because I need to get it done as well. Jenny is leaving at the end of THIS month, which means that for a while (at least) I'll be running things on my own which will be crazy -- plus finalizing training, plus creating a new programming model, plus getting ready to teach a class, plus hiring Jenny's replacement..

It's looking to be a somewhat stressful summer... SHEESH.. summer is supposed to be the DOWN time at a university!!

No comments:

Post a Comment