Monday, July 27, 2009

Movies I liked

So I was asked what movies I've liked recently... here's a run down... in no particular order...

Eagle Eye was pretty good

Bedtime Stories was cute, Role Models was surprisingly decent -- not as raunchy as I expected, Yes Man had a good theme and was decent

Burn After Reading was good, but I don't know if I liked it so much because of the movie and the surprising plot twists or the fact that Brad Pitt randomly gets jacked in the face...

I was forced to watch Momma Mia twice in one night during Girls weekend... not that it isn't a good movie, but twice in one night is too much for almost ANY movie...

I Love You Man, was funny I liked it a lot
Forgetting Sarah Marshall was pretty good too if a little sexually explicit in some places.. but in an extremely pee-your-pants-funny kind of way

He's Just Not That In To You was really good for a chick flick -- not my favorite Genre but every now and then... I AM a girl after all...

The Hangover was FReAKING HILARIOUS, but in a "I know people who that would really happen to" kind of way, not the normal stupid funny-Will Ferrell kind of way...

Penelope was good in that no-sex-no-violence-a-good-message-for-the-kiddies kind of way -- it's not a cartoon.. just a sweet movie

Funny Face was good -- Yes my tastes are eclectic -- I love everything... I had not seen that, but Roman Holiday is still my favorite Audrey Hepburn movie...

but I think my favorite recent movie is Swing Vote.. GREAT movie... every American should have been required to watch it prior to the past election because it really brings home the importance of casting an INFORMED vote... and listening to both sides openly but with caution toward the media and the hype.. but then again.. not the American way to force people to make good decisions or care about their country... still best movie I've seen recently

I don't watch movies that typically win academy awards... mainly because I try to stay away from depressing movies..

those are my thoughts kids.. feel free to share your thoughts and your favorite movies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment