Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back from Vacation

Well, I did it! I finally took a week vacation during a week that the office was open and went somewhere besides my parents house. What exotic destination did I make it to this summer? Well, if you followed my twitter or facebook posts you'd know it wasn't really somewhere exotic, but someplace just as therapeutic to my soul. I went to Ypsi, MI -- my second home. I went to visit Erica, Marty, and Maverick Cooper -- some of the best friends a girl could have. Well, vacation didn't start there.. I need to back up a couple of days.

Friday, July 10th -- Threw a Game night party with Bourbon Slush. MMM.... Only three of my friends showed up (I invited something like 19 people), but I wasn't offended because Ben's brother showed up with three of his friends (Ben's brother is adorable for a child of 25). Since no one was there we decided to go to the St Benedict's Festival and watch a band called "Dave and Ray." They happen to be the same band that my friend from home Tracey was friends with, so i knew who they were. We drank lots of beer -- too much -- so much that Ben was outgoing and actually dancing... Ben doesn't dance. He was actually dancing ON STAGE.. and for an introvert to dance on stage -- well he had a lot of beer. I didn't have that much. It was fun, except the part where Christy's brother's ex-girlfriend turned in to a raving lunatic and I was afraid one of the boys was going to punch her (and if they didn't I would have -- if I had violent tendencies, which I don't so basically I would have verbally lashed her and made her curl up in a ball and cry -- I did neither of these things, I was dancing). Then they conned me into going to the Bally -- ewwww. We weren't there long -- only long enough for Adam to buy me a Heineken -- which I learned that even drunk I do not like Heineken -- tastes what I imagine skunk piss would taste like.

Saturday, July 11th: Hung over from all the beer. Finished laundry for my trip.

Sunday, July 12th: Slept in then drove to the folks with Miss Sassy Pants.

Monday, July 13th and Tuesday, July 14th: Relaxed at the folks.

Wednesday, July 15th: Drove to Michigan -- left Sassy with my parents. Was so good to see Erica and Marty and their adorable Maverick. The only things I really miss in Michigan are Erica, Marty, and Pub 13 (yes it's sad that I miss a bar) but i don't really miss the bar I miss how the people in the bar make me feel and how the live music makes me feel. That was the best darn stress relief. Anyway, got to Erica's and got to play with little Mav for a couple of hours. he's the happiest little guy in the world. I LOVE that kid. He's 7 mos I think and I just adore him. Erica had a sitter for the night so we could go to Pub (as per tradition). Was a blast - more on that in a later post.

Thursday, July 16th: Lunch on campus, visited Barnaby, sat outside, went golfing (More on this in later post too), did some life coaching...

Friday, July 17th: Lunch off campus with Erica and Meredith, read a book and relaxed on patio, dinner with Gundick, saw Gundick's apartment and new puppy, Pub with Gundick and Gary, up all night with Marty trying to get Maverick back to sleep (more on this in a later post)

Saturday, July 18th: Detroit Zoo, relaxing at the homestead and the best damn cheese steak hoagie in the world.

Sunday, July 19th: Drove to my folks for dinner and to pick up Sassy, drove home.

Am now home. I will give more details on my fantastic week later. Suffice to say I had a blast, got to spend tons of time with the Coopers, got several kisses -- some even a bit sloppy -- from my Piano Man, Frank, got to see some good friends, good food, lots of laughter. I am now ready to face training and the month of August!!

I already miss them...

No comments:

Post a Comment