Monday, August 2, 2010

And it begins...

Well, August 1st was yesterday, do you know what that means?  Yup!  Training started yesterday!  Our grad staff and our professional staff are all back and we did Grad orientation yesterday, went out to dinner, and then went bowling.  Was a good time.  Today we had a day long team building retreat.  I think it went well, people seemed to have fun.

I really REALLY enjoy facilitating team building activities.  I liked designing the retreat, and would LOVE to do it professionally, but am not sure yet, if I'm any good at it. 

Training lasts the next three weeks.  Unfortunately, I'm not really looking forward to it.  I seem to have hit my stress threshold.  Which means that I'm at the point where I don't feel anything at all.  No anticipation, no nervousness, no anxiety, no excitement.. just a blah indifferent feeling. 

I do think we have a good group, but I thought that last year too and they turned into catty whiny babies about two months in.  I just want September 15th to get here.. then I can have some down time.  I will say that I miss Steph Higgins.  She used to keep me sane during training and used to go on sonic runs with me.  It just isn't the same!!!

I hope this isn't an indicator that I need to leave ISU....

No comments:

Post a Comment