Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fast Forward

Well, life is running in fast forward again.  How did it get to be August 15th already?  My desk calendar still says it's July!  I just don't understand how these things happen. 

Been completely focused on the love of my life -- work.  He's a demanding lover and believe me -- he keeps me up all night long. 

Our grad student training began on August 1st.  They seem like a good group.  There are only a couple that I'm worried about.  For the most part they seem like a great group.  They have TONS of energy, which is what we need right now.

Our student staff training started on August 12th.  The funny thing is after day four, people are still making comments like "they have so much more energy.."  Truth:  They had this much energy at the beginning of last year too -- until that douche bag VP we used to have killed it.  This year will be better because he's GONE!! 

Plus we've changed how we're doing some things.  Putting more focus on recognition and creating more meaning in their work than we've don in the past which will help with that energy. 

We opened training by having our entire head staff walk in together and bust right into the "Cupid Shuffle."   It was a lot of fun and by the end we had the entire student staff doing it.  Then the head staff ran out and were announced like basket ball players. :)  It introduced fun into training. 

I also tried out a new training technique that was amazing and I LOVED it.  I gave a hand motion to all of the major points and then had them use the hand motions and teach it to each other.  We kept repeating the motions.  By the end of the session I could do the motion and they would yell out what it meant.  I was extremely excited about it.  Yay!!

So it's going well.  Now if I could just get some sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment