Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Dream Realized!!

So this weekend I FINALLY got to do something I have wanted to do for several years!!  I created and hosted our first ever Train the Trainer Summer Workshop!! 

It was something I wanted to implement at EMU but was always told no.  Finally got permission to do it at ISU and it was this weekend.  We had 8 attendees and a really good program!  I'm really REALLY excited and think it will make our fall workshop presentations all the better!  We covered how to create learning objectives, different training methods, visual aids, choosing which points to emphasis and how to emphasize them, asking/answering questions, communication and presentation, and developing a lesson plan. 

I know I'm a geek, but I LOVED it!  We also did a lot of team building and toured our most recently renovated res hall that opens in August. 

Awesome weekend!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment