Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wait.. WHAT?!!

Tonight Jess, Rex, and I went to dinner.. it's been something of a rough week. 

So when I got home I took Sassy out, like always.  While we were walking out this teal jeep pulled up and the lady in the passenger seat looked right at me and loudly said "Wow" then turned to the guy with her and pointed at me and say "Wow, look at that!"  Then she made some other rude comments about me as her wasted friend fell out of the jeep. 

Let me describe this woman for you... she was in her late 40's early 50's with fried dyed blond hair -- three inches of black roots showing -- rotten teeth.. the meth-head kind that are rotten from the top down instead of the bottom up... had a nasty orange tan, and skin that looked pretty darn leathery... in a word.. trashy... specifically the Terre Haute brand of trashy...

So I think to my self... really?  Really!?  SHE thinks she has any place to judge ME??  REALLY??!!

But of course I can't respond... I mean what do I say to that?  I don't know this woman, but I imagine she'd be the type to get up in my face... how the hell do I show up at work tomorrow with a black eye..

Besides there is no response.. I don't need to defend myself to her.. I don't care what she thinks.. it's more the principle of the thing...  I WANT to respond to let her know that she's the one who should be ashamed of herself -- not ME..  

Sassy was trying to go over to them because she loves people.. so I just called to her, "Come on Sass.. we don't play with trash" and went in... I know it was childish. but I haven't let people get away with talking to me like that since I was in high school...  I don't want ANYONE to think that it's OK to be disrespectful for no reason... ignorant trash!

1 comment:

  1. Well said!

    I don't want ANYONE to think that it's OK to be disrespectful for no reason... ignorant trash!

    ReplyDelete