Saturday, January 16, 2010

Who was I...?

So I recently became "friends" with a bunch of people from high school who I haven't talked to in years. Some of them I haven't even talked to since we graduated, but facebook does that -- brings everyone back together.

Some of these people bring back some fond memories.. others some not so fond memories.. and still others some downright shameful memories...

It makes me wonder -- who was I in high school? What did people think of me? Not that it concerns me overly much because as far as I can tell I'm a completely different person than I was then, but I am curious. I had two, maybe three really close friends back then, but a lot of people that I spent time with however I can't remember what we did or why I was friends with any of them... I sure hated myself enough back then to not really notice what people thought of me or how they actually treated me... was I a good person or a bad person? I remember more of the bad things than the good things, but they made more impact... I remember being afraid of being picked on or being made fun of, but I don't actually remember anyone picking on me or making fun of me in high school... I remember some of that from middle school, but I don't remember it from high school...

It's interesting to look back at how our perceptions of the world and ourselves have changed over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment