Sunday, January 17, 2010

FREAKIN CAR...

So, more car issues...

This is why I hate owning things... one of the reasons I refuse to buy a house.. something goes wrong with my place now and my land lord pays for it.. NOT ME (note: I'm CHEAP)

So, last night Jess and I were running some errands and when we left her place we notice my car making kind of a clicking/knocking sound. Wasn't too bad so we didn't pay close attention. Then we got on the highway and my car wasn't accelerating right.. weird, but we had to go to one place so we went, but when we got back into the car the sound was worse and I started to worry. So I took Jess home and headed back to my place... The longer the drive the worse the car sounded. By the time I was three blocks from home the car was making a high pitched squeal sound alternating with the knocking/clicking sound, the motor was grumbling and spitting like it wanted to die at stop lights, and it wouldn't accelerate hardly at all... AND I had plans to head to my folks today for my mom and sister's birthday. CRAP.

So i got up this morning and called the dealership. Being the awesome service department that they are, they told me to bring it in and they'd look at it right away. So i took it in and left it. Jess picked me up and we rand some errands. (I dropped it off at 11:30am). They told me they would call me when they knew something. By 3pm I hadn't heard anything so I called them to see what was going on. They said they have to replace my timing chain and both left and right camshafts and that they wanted to keep it to make sure that was what was causing all of the issues. AND since it was Saturday, my warranty company wasn't open so they weren't sure if it was going to be covered in by my warranty or not. SOOO I don't get my car back until Monday or Tuesday... ARG!!!

So, luckily Jess is one of the best friends a girl could have -- she offered to go with me to my folks so we could take her car and I didn't have to miss mom and Heather's birthday dinner on Sunday -- especially since we don't have to work on Monday! YAY!!

When I got home I looked up the parts online and figure that parts alone will cost a MINIMUM of $500... but when I was reading about the parts, I'm fairly certain they ARE covered on my warranty -- since I bought the extended, 10yr/100,000 mile one -- bumper to bumper power train. But cross your fingers anyway JUST IN CASE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment