Monday, January 18, 2010

ARGGGG STUPID CaR

So, I got the call from Saturn today...

Because it's apparently strange for the timing chain AND the camshafts to go at the same time - especially since it's an '04 and only has 66,000 miles on it, the warranty company has to send out an inspector to look at it before they can approve the work. Inspector wont' be out for 2-3 days, then will take him 2 days to file his report and for Saturn to hear back from them on whether they will cover it or not. So I'm without a car for a WEEK at least.

AWESOME!

Good news? Earl (Cute service manager from Saturn) said that these are parts that typically wear out -- just rarely at the same time-- and there was nothing I could have done to have caused this -- which is good.

Bad news? If the warranty wont' cover it it will cost me $925.

This is why I hate owning things... I have a heck of a lot better stuff I could spend $925 on... If this was a leased car, it wouldn't cost me anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment