Thursday, June 17, 2010

Back from Vaca

Well, I'm back at work after a week off for vacation.

As you can see -- I'm working hard.

I had an enjoyable vacation. It was EXTREMELY nice to be away from work and everyone I work with. Not that I don't love these folks, but when all of my friends either work with or for me it becomes extremely difficult to leave work at the office. Everything is about work.

I don't mind it most of the time, but it was VERY VERY VERY nice to get away from it all.

I dream of the day that I can afford to rent a cabin on a lake or the ocean somewhere for a week or two and just laze and read alone for a week. In my head it's on a quiet lake somewhere with a patio out over the water. I can spend my days sitting out on the patio reading or just enjoying a nice breeze off the water and soaking up the sun. In my head, this perfect vacation is shared with a special someone. SIGH -- someday maybe.

Instead I spent this vacation partially in Michigan and partially in Indiana.

Michigan was fun. I spent the weekend with Erica and Marty and their kiddies. A baby and a toddler certainly add a new element to the visits. They are freakin adorable kids though -- so that made it ok. Did some shopping, some eating, and some drinking. Was a good time. They moved from Ypsi to Plymouth which was nice. I didn't go to campus at all nor did I feel obligated to since it was kind of out of the way. Plymouth has a really neat downtown area and we did go to one of the martini bars there and had a great time, just Erica and Me, catching up on everything that's been going on. I'm horrible at keeping in touch and talking about my life so I must be the worst person to remain friends with from a distance. Bless Erica for hanging on!! I didn't realize how much I miss her. Just hanging out with her doing nothing, she is honestly one of the few people in the world that I am totally comfortable with all the time. And she is such a great mom that it was a pleasure to be around her and the kids. AWESOME!!

The rest of my vacation was with family. I got to see almost all of my aunts and uncles on my dad's side (Sorry I missed you Scott and Jean!!). I even cooked my lasagna for mom and dad one night and got to see my sister.

I didn't want to come back.

I want another week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lasagna? Wow, don't get much of that around this house (pasta=bad). I would have invited myself over, had I heard. Was good seeing your smiling face, but wish I had the rest of the crew as well.

    ReplyDelete