Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yes I did

So I didn't think I was going to get to go because I didn't think anyone would go with me, but in the end my friend Shiggins came through for me and we went. And boy did I deserve that!

So earlier in the day, just in case, I emailed Frank and asked where he was playing in Anderson. He asked for my number and said he'd find out and call me. Well the whole day goes by and I don't hear and I had asked around and no one wanted to go... of course none of them knew how freakin cool he is so it's understandable.

It was around 4:15 and I was frantically searching for my misplaced keys and in the middle of a mild freak out when Frank texted me with where he was going to be and asked if I was going to be able to make it. I said I'd try but still wasn't sure. So, I'm freaking out because I can't find my keys (i.e. car, apartment, office, campus master key access), have to be at the trike race like 20 minutes ago and my stress level was pretty freakin high... finally I found my keys and headed to trike. My RHA was racing (first time in like 15 years that RHA had a trike team -- the women placed 5th of 12 and the men placed 7th of 15 woot woot!) so I wasn't going to judge, but they were short on a pit judge (don't worry about what that means -- it's pointless unless you ever attend trike) so I had to judge. Crappy day. Anyway, I was asking around and no one wanted to go. Finally I saw Shiggins and asked if she wanted to go and she immediately said "Sure!" Woo hoo!!

Trike was over at 7:15ish. We went home, let Sassy out, changed clothes and got on the road. We got to Anderson around 9:45ish. When we walked in Frank was at the piano with his back to us so I didn't think he saw us, but at his break he made a beeline for us and gave me a huge hug. They had had a rough trip down and he said he saw us come in and immediately felt better knowing a friendly face was in the crowd. Awww!! I know, school girl crush alert! Anyway he hugged me like five times and told me repeatedly that he was glad we were there. Shiggins now has a crush too.. he went out to his car to get me a copy of his new CD and when he was out of ear shot Shig's was like "he's so freaking hot up close!" Which, of course, I knew. :) She's now an obsessed fan and wants to road trip up to Notre Dame this Friday to see him play.

I'm not even that obsessed... I put the kabosh on that -- raving fan I'm ok with... raving lunatic not so much... :)

We ended the night at White Castle.. Yum... Perfect night! :)

1 comment: