Sunday, May 31, 2009

Feeling slighted...

So, I've always had this dream in the back of my head that I'd love to be a writer. I think that most avid readers probably think that at some point in their life, well maybe not, but I sure have. Actually, I have since I was a kid. I used to make up stories in my head and write them down all the time. I have notebooks full of stories I started writing when I was a kid.
Recently I've been thinking about it more seriously. I have a story tumbling around in my head, but I have no idea if I have any writing ability at all, other than ramblings I post here and on my other blog... and in the previous "Steph's Digest" that I used to send out prior to my discovery of blogging. I'm not even sure if that can be considered "ability" anyway. So I decided to join a writing forum. I looked at a couple and found one I liked so i joined. They ask you to post an intro for the new member's page and everyone greets the new folks. Now I'm not normally a joiner in any way -- deep psychological issues I'm sure -- but it's my personal goal is to get over my fear of joining things. So I joined this site and posted my into on the new members page as asked. Now, all the one's I read prior to joining were reallly welcoming and friendly. Each new member post had at a minimum 5 responses welcoming them to the site. Friendly place, right? So I just checked back on the site -- guess how many responses my new member post received... ONE, from the freaking moderator guy who sends THE EXACT same message to every new member. I'm feeling slighted... I'm a dork!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment