Thursday, November 18, 2010

MAKE A DECISION

So I was just emailing my dad and decided to put this out there for everyone..

Please learn to make a decision on your own from time to time....

I have something of a reputation as a control freak or being bossy.. it is not intentional in the slightest.  In fact it's not even my fault at all...

How many times have you made plans to go out with friends/family and spent an hour in this conversation:

"What sounds good?"
"I don't know, what sounds good to you?"
"I don't know, nothing really.  What do you want to do?"
"I don't know.. anything sound good to you?"
"Not really, what do you think we should do?"
"Honestly, I don't care, does anything sound good to you?"
"I don't know.  Anything sounds good, what do you think"
"How about Tacos?"
"We could do tacos, I guess"
"Does that sound good?"
"Ehh"
"Ok we don't have to do tacos, what does sound good?"
"I don't know.."

And this conversation is between TWO people... and it DRIVES ME CRAZY...

I have this conversation EVERY TIME I GO OUT... I try to share the decision making..

Eventually I get frustrated and offer two options.. last night it started out like that and then it went to this.

Me:  "Ok, so no Tacos, what does sound good?"
Friend: "I don't know.  Chinese food?  But I can't really afford that.."
Me:  "Ok, so something cheap?"
Friend: "Yes.  But nothing sounds good.  Ohh cheese and crackers, I can always each cheese and crackers."
Me: "We can't just have cheese and crackers -- we won't poop for a week." 
Friend: "I don't know."
Me:  "How about frozen Pizza?"
Friend: "I guess, but pizza doesn't really sound good."
Me (getting frustrated): "Ok, how about this -- Frozen Pizza or Chicken and Rice?"
Friend: "How much work is Chicken and Rice?  I don't want you to have to put a lot of effort in to it."
Me:  "Either one takes about the same amount of work.  I'm narrowing it down to Frozen Pizza or chicken and Rice."
Friend: "Are you sure, I dont' want you to have to cook." 
Me: "I don't care, we just need to make a decision.  I narrowed it down, DECIDE."
Friend: "I don't know, what do you think."
Me: "FINE, Chicken and Rice.  It's not a lot of prep I just slam some rice down, put chicken on top and top with soup. it's fine."
Friend: "are you sure?"
Me:  "YES"

This is almost a WEEKLY conversation.. and it drives me nuts. 

Dear Indecisive People: 

START MAKING DECISIONS PLEASE!!  No one will get mad or hurt if you state your opinion or what you want.  Stop trying to appease everyone, all you're doing it  pissing me off and then I have to hold it in a pretend like it's not pissing me off -- guess what -- THAT'S GIVING ME AN ULCER!! 

Love Stephanie.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I love it when they say, "I don't care" yet say "Yuck" to any suggestion you might make!

    ReplyDelete