Friday, September 25, 2009

Very Flattered

So,my boss keeps pushing me to do two things:
  1. Get a Ph.D
  2. Publish an article for one of our industry magazines
I currently have no desire for 1. and could do 2. but that's a lot of extra work on top of working for two and teaching a class. But I told him we could co-author next month, the topic? Managing Up: How to Manage Your Boss. If we end up doing it and getting it published I'll post the link.

We are also in the interview process to hire the other assistant director in our office. I'm not the HR person in our office, but I'm learning a lot about what happens. Today I was completely flattered. We were talking about what we needed to do next and I brought up what they did with me last year and he said (and I'm not kidding), "Killer, your process was different because as soon as you applied I knew who I wanted. The rest was just a formality."

So that's always nice to hear, right?

So, watch for article links -- but don't hold your breath. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be great if you wrote an article, it would be a first step towards writing your book!!!!!!! Confidence builder sistah confidence builder :)

    ReplyDelete