Friday, January 20, 2012

Baking Mania

So I have been a baking fool these past weeks.  I've made real bread, lemon poppy seed scones, Cherry-Chocolate Chip cookies, Everything but the kitchen sink cookies, Lemon Poppy seed bread (I had lots of lemons, and chocolate malt cookies... I'm insane, but determined to wear out that stand mixer. 

Funny story, I like baking because I can take it in to work and don't feel guilty for eating  it OR for not eating it because it's wasting it.  However, I took a loaf of lemon poppy seed bread in this week and someone stole it.  Literally.  It was there when I left the office and completely gone when I got back. Not complaining, but I only got ONE slice!!  Craziness!! But I mean LITERALLY stole it.  I left work at 6pm on Wednesday (the absolute last person to leave the office for the day) and it was gone when I went in at 7am the next morning. I think the housekeeping staff ate it for breakfast.  Which is totally fine, but it was funny because everyone else in the office knew it was there and was planning on it for breakfast and it was all gone. 

I was flattered...

Then I decided to make cookies one night.  Jess said she thought my last cookies were kind of boring (She's weird though and doesn't like chocolate chip cookies unless they are basically raw which I think is disgusting).  So I decided to spice things up a bit.  So I made some cookies and added a bit of whatever I had on hand -- unsweetened cocoa powder, allspice, nutmeg, almond extract, and chopped up snickers bars.  I tried them and thought they were OK.  Not something I'd make again, but decent.  I took them to work and every else thought they were amazing.  I was glad because then I didn't have to feel guilty when I threw them out.  They were gone in an hour.  I made about four dozen of them.  I was glad they liked them.

Jess and I are leaving in the morning for a whirlwind trip to Michigan.  She wants to go to some ceremony for a youth group she had been involved with as a kid and asked if I'd ride up with her.  So I called Erica to see if she was free and she is.  I also texted my piano-man to see if he's playing anywhere.  He is.  So we're going to see him tomorrow night --  he made reservations for us.  SOOO Excited.

So tonight I decided to make some cookies for 1. Rex because he's Sassy Sitting 2. The road because you need cookies at 9am, and 3.  (if there are any left) Erica and Marty.  Because home made baked goods are always awesome. 

I saw this recipe a few weeks ago for Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies.  So I decided to try them...

OH MY HOLY FREAKING GOODNESS they are DELICIOUS.  I didn't take pictures this time, but the link I got them from has some. 

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/06/malted-milk-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Seriously, make these they are the BEST cookies I've ever had.  Two things though, use the Milk Chocolate chips (Trust me it's amazing) and make sure to put parchment paper or a sil-mat down.  If you don't they spread like mad and will stick to the cookie sheet like its getting paid. 

I'll let you k now how Michigan goes.  I think I'm going to make it a picture trip. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment