Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Everything comes full circle...

So I had a funny experience on Monday...

Flashback to 2008:  Eastern Michigan University:  Area Complex Director:  It was my last year at EMU during RA Interviews.  Somehow I got paired with Kyle, who is one of the funniest people I know -- this guy made me laugh hysterically almost every time he opened his mouth -- bad idea EMU whomever paired folks up.  I was wearing something of a low-cut top.  Not outrageously low, but there was a hint of a shadow.  Anyway, this young man sat down to interview with us.  He was clearly nervous and all during his interview he kept saying things that were somewhat off key and could be taken out of context, if you're someone with an off-color sense of humor....

Kyle and I both have an off color sense of humor....

and this kid was staring at my cleavage.  Not just glancing.  Not looking around the room and then zeroing in on my tatas every now and then.. nope. He was staring at my tots like he was getting ready to tuck a buck... it was un-nerving.. he was leaning forward and at one point I was kind of afraid he was going to lean in and attempt a motor boat. 

So here we have a really nervous kid, using off-color examples to answer his interview questions, who is so nervous he cannot make eye contact and has, instead, focused on my tots... At this point I am terrified to even glance in Kyle's direction because I KNEW I wouldn't be able to NOT laugh...

Then the kid made some comment about "balls flying at his face..." and I heard Kyle squeak.... just a small sound and I couldn't handle it any more.  I interrupted the kid and had to excuse myself from his interview for a moment.  I left the room and, thank goodness made it to the bathroom before I busted up laughing....

Unprofessional, I know, but at least I held it in until I was not in the interview room with the kid...

Flash forward:  Monday, February 13, 2012:  Indiana State University:  Associate Director. 
Graduate Student Interview Days.  I go over to interview days to meet some of the grad candidates.  Jess  takes me to a table of candidates and introduces me.  I look around the group and say hi and ask the their names and which schools they are coming from.  It gets all around the table and I look at the man sitting next to me... he smiles and I ask him if I know him... he says, "Yes!  You interviewed me for my RA position at EMU, my name is..." 

OHMYHOLYGOODNESS!!  

Luckily I'm better at controlling my facial expressions now.  I was very nice and he was flattered that I remembered him. 

Ya gotta be careful.. things just have a way of coming back around for you later....


No comments:

Post a Comment