Monday, December 7, 2009

Crazy Dog

So, apparently it snowed last night...
I had heard flurries, but we usually hear that 10 - 15 times before it actually leaves any actual snow on the ground. Boy was I in for a surprise when I went to take Sassy out this morning!

So there was a light covering of snow on the ground. I bundled up and took Sassy out this morning around 6am. She took two steps out onto the front porch and stopped and just stared at the ground. She walked over to the railing and stuck her little head between the rails sniffing at the snow on the edge of the porch. She then turned and looked up at me, her liquid brown eyes clearly demanding "What the heck is going on?!" So I walked to the edge of the porch and tried to get her to go down the steps... she dug in her little feet and would not, for any reason go down those steps. So I walked down the steps and tried to coax her into following me... she just glared at me... I thought she was on the verge of saying, "You've got to be FREAKING kidding me, Mom, I'm not walking in THAT."

So I had to pick her up, carry her down the steps, and set her down in the grass to get her to go potty.

Crazy dog.

Then after I got ready for work we went back out so that I could clear the snow off my car. I used her long lead and tied it to the railing on the front porch. I do this when I'm loading the car to go somewhere so it's not new to her. I tied her to the porch and went down to the car. I kid you not, she plopped her butt down on that top step and just watched me clear off my car. People walked by and she didn't budge.. normally she runs up to everyone who passes, so excited to see other people that her entire butt wags -- not today -- she wasn't budging off that porch...

Crazy dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment