Sunday, December 13, 2009

Best Day Ever..

So, I don't mean to brag, but I have the best friends and family in the WORLD!!

I know, I know, you think yours are better, but you are WRONG....

My birthday was yesterday. I started the day off by coming in to my office which was fully decorated with balloons, streamers, and (for some really ODD reason I can't yet figure out) Dora the Explorer signs and balloons. It was pretty funny.

Last night a group of my local friends and I went out for dinner.

Brief Back story:Now, I don't think I've ever shared anything about my bosses' boss, who we will call Edna, but she thinks she is a fashionista but, well.. she kind of dresses like a 2 year old picked out her clothing. She also happens to have caught on to the poncho fad that was popular about four years ago AND NEVER LET IT GO. She has ponchos in every color, length, design, etc possible. It's kind of like a running joke in our office. End Back story

So, Thursday night Jess, Shiggins and I decide that we want to make a funny so we went to Jo Ann fabric, bought some Asian inspired, kind of hideous, fabric. We cut holes in the middle of them and turned them in to ponchos. We got all fancied up and wore the poncho's out do dinner with our friends for my birthday. It was legin -waitforit- DARY! We were late getting there so we walked in and like nothing, took off our coats and sat down. Ben noticed first and started laughing, then Rex noticed and was laughing so hard I was afraid for his health... (Rex is my boss) and then he dared me to wear it to work next week -- I'm gonna do it! So we had a great time last night.

Today was my party.

Since I did absolutely nothing to celebrate my birthday last year and it sucked, I decided to throw myself a party this year. We had a "Meltdown" theme which meant that everyone had to bring a dish with some sort of melted ingredient. Fun, right? Really just an excuse to make fondue. So my parents and sister came down early and we went to a late lunch then we got things ready for the party. It was a hit and so freaking much fun! The main crew didn't leave until 1:30am -- it had started at 7pm. Ben came dressed in a dress shirt, tie, and overalls in a nod to Barney Stinson on "How I Met Your Mother." Adam and his wife even came -- I was excited they were able to because I don't see or talk to him enough.

Anyway, I got all the dishes done and the trash sacked up so I can sleep in tomorrow -- EXCITING!! But it's almost 4am so I'm off to bed to dream about the best birthday party in a loooooonng time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment