Saturday, May 8, 2010

More Craziness... and then it was over! :)

So that last post was posted Last Friday Night/Sat Morning around 1:30 Am -- apparently no one was able to wish me luck quickly enough -- phone rang at 3:03 am.

My first instinct was NO NOT ANOTHER FIGHT -- HA -- wish it had been. I answered the phone and one of my Area Directors reported that a student had been injured in one of our buildings and blood was everywhere. She was pretty shook up so I got dressed and went in. I didn't get home again until 7am.

In the past the phrase -- blood was everywhere -- has typically meant a trail of blood droplets from the elevator out the door... that's what I expected... boy was I in for a shock. I walked in and just stopped and stared. Our police officers were with me and one of them mumbled, "Yep, it's a shock." If I hadn't known better I would have thought someone took a gallon of paint and dumped it in various places on the floor and then smeared it around. The kid had cut his arm pretty bad and then stood in the lobby bleeding profusely while waiting on the ambulance. It was a LOT of blood. Every time I closed my eyes I saw the smear patter on the inside of my eye lids.. it's been a week and I'm still seeing it.. crazy.

Good news, the kid is ok. Spoke with him several times this week.

Today is closing day -- THANK GOODNESS!!! We still have about 900 students to go, but graduation is at 2pm.. the rest will leave after that. YAY!!! Am looking forward to calmness for about a week -- then the summer gets busier than that school year. :)

YAY SUMMER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment